SELAH ACADEMY BULLETIN
May 17, 2022
AM: 7:55-11:35 Lunch: 11:35-12:05 PM: 12:10-2:25
SBAC English Testing
CAT (Computer Adaptive Test) today, PT (Performance Task) on Wednesday after lunch…bring your Chromebook.
Field Trip May 25th
Selah Academy goes to Seattle! We’ll leave around 8 am and return around 7:30-8 pm. What do you get? A ticket to the Seattle Mariners game at 1:05 pm versus Oakland, a hat, lunch at T-Mobile Park (hotdog, soda, chips), and other fun. Permission slips will be available early this week.
Elections for the remainder of the year will be held toward the end of this week. We need to fill the vacant V-P position, but will also place the President, Secretary, and Treasurer positions up for a vote. We will also be looking for someone to serve as a non-voting member of the ASB (ex-officio) to serve as a backup when needed and seek out the voice of individual groups. Pick up your candidate form and sign up here in the Student Center. Voting on Friday.
Order forms will be available this week. The cost will be about $10 with setup and tax for Selah Online students, free for BPL students, but add $1.50 for XXL and $3 for XXXL. Order this week, pay next week.
SHS Summer School
- Dates: July 11-August 4th, M-Th, 9:30 am-1 pm
- Location: SHS Library and connected classrooms
- Focus on students who are currently in grades 9-12 who are more than one credit deficient
Food at the high school: Breakfast: 9:15-9:30am; Lunch: 1:00-1:15pm
Transportation: Drop-off: 9:15 am; Pick-up: 1:15pm
Mr. C and Ms. Sterns will contact students/parents to inform those who are qualified and check on interest and transport needs.
USA Affordable Connectivity Program
Great news for families in our district! The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is offering eligible households high-speed internet (100Mbps download) for $30 a month with no additional out-of-pocket costs.
There are 3 ways families can qualify:
- Income of 200% or less than the federal poverty guidelines
- Program participation (such as Free Reduced Lunch Program eligible, or SNAP, etc.), or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program
What families need to know about this new ACP opportunity:
For those that meet the eligibility requirements:
- $30 guaranteed plan download speed of 100 Mbps
- 20 providers to choose from
- New or existing internet plans
SA Online will have PE at the regular time. SA BPL will return to class after lunch and have PE later in the day.
Support Numbers/Mental Health Supports
Yakima County Comprehensive Healthcare 24-hour crisis hotline: 509-575-4200
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text “Home” to 741741