Help Support SHS AthleticsViking Neck Gaiter $8.00Instructions for the General Public1. Open the link2. Choose to purchase the neck gaiter3. In the memo box, Type SHS Pickup- Items will not be mailed to private residences-4. You can pick up your product starting October 1, 2020 at SHS
On October 6, 2020 the WIAA released new guidelines for returning our athletes to the playing fields and gyms around Selah. The new guidelines for returning to high school and middle school sports have gone away from the Phased 1-4 approach, and instead, has aligned with the return to learning measures that take into account the number of new COVID-19 cases every two weeks in Yakima County. This adjustment has allowed us to begin a revised summer 2.0 period for high school sports only, beginning with Spring Sports on October 12, 2020. Finally, we are hopeful that middle school competitive sports will start around the same time as High School competitive sports seasons start. As this time frame approaches, Mr. Hougan and the middle school staff will be sharing more specific information.
Summer 2.0 Schedule for SHS
Schedule (4 weeks per season): Please click on the SHS Athletics Link for more details
October 26-31: Transition week for any spring athletes/teams that still want to participate in spring sports (due to the late start for Spring Sports)
Oct 26-Nov 21: Fall Sports (Football, Volleyball (inside), Girls Swim, Girls Soccer, Cross Country, sideline Cheer & Dance )
Nov 23-Dec 19: Winter sports (Basketball, Boys Swim, Bowling, Wrestling, competitive Cheer & Dance)
Teams will follow the WIAA guidance and updated documentation that aligns with both the Governor's office, The Yakima Health District, and the WIAA, Updated WIAA Return to Play Document
- All PPE and social/physical distancing in this guidance will be followed.
- As we are still in high risk ( >75 cases/100,000), cohorts of no more than 6 students will participate in activities in one pod/group.
- No contests vs other schools will take place
Each student must be cleared on Family ID in order to participate. https://www.
Modified Competitive High School Seasons
WIAA Season #2 - December 28, 2020 - February 28, 2021
- Girls Bowling: Moderate Risk
- Boys Swim: Low Risk
- Basketball: High Risk
- Wrestling: High Risk
WIAA Season #3 - March 1, 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Cross Country: Low Risk
- Cheerleading: Low Risk for sideline / High Risk for competitive
- Girls Swim: Low Risk
- Girls Soccer: Moderate Risk
- Volleyball: Moderate Risk
- Football (Starts 2/17/2021): High Risk
WIAA Season #4 - April 26, 2021 - June 27, 2021
- Tennis: Low Risk
- Fastpitch Softball: Moderate Risk
- Track & Field: Low Risk
- Baseball: Moderate Risk
- Golf: Low Risk
- Boys Soccer: Moderate Risk
- Dance/Drill: Low Risk for sideline / High Risk for competitive
*For Sport Specific information, please visit the WIAA https://wiaa.com/
*** Middle School Sports - It is reasonable to assume that Middle School Sports will follow a similar schedule as we move into WIAA Season #2. More information will be released around Thanksgiving. The MVL is hopeful that they will approve the middle school sports schedule on November 19.
**** Sports Registrations - The student athlete is required to be registered for sports on FamilyID. The link can be found on our school district website https://www.
As more information becomes available, it will be shared via our various communication platforms. Additionally, this information can be found on our website https://www.
Jake Davis -Athletic Director
Welcome to Selah School District Athletics!
WIAA Update on Sports and Activities
Below is the link to the most recently updated sports and activities calendars and information. This information was released by the WIAA executive board on July 28, 2020. At this time, Selah SD and the rest of the CWAC will NOT be participating in the Season #1 (alternative options). Communication regarding middle school sports will be released in the next week or two.
Win from Within
Selah School District strongly supports the commitment to interscholastic athletic programs as an essential educational opportunity for students. In Selah School District Athletics we are deeply passionate about the following:
- Every student athlete has a positive and highly competitive athletic experience.
- Parents, students, and community members actively participate in athletic contests, events, and activities.
- Character education is the foundation of what we do! We will empower student athletes to become leaders both in school and the community. We want our student athletes to have fun, instilling belief, and preparing our students for the game of life.