Together We Can: Parent Information Opportunities
Learning Model Options for 20-21: Overview and Q & A
- With Superintendent Shane Backlund and Executive Director for Student Learning, Jennifer Kindle
- Thursday, August 13th at 6:00 PM via Zoom Webinar
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
Reimagine: Navigating Distance Learning for Parents
- With Educator, Author and Speaker Jeff Utecht
- Co-Sponsored by the Selah Education Foundation and the Selah School District
- Monday, August 17th at 6:30 PM via YouTube Live
- Link: https://youtu.be/
Greetings ELC Families! Here is another exciting RLK update from Principal Singletary.CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO
Hi families. We are excited to welcome your child into our kindergarten next school year. The intent of our videos are to answer any questions you may have and get to know who will be caring for your child. This week's video addresses the following things:
1. Meet our secretaries: Briseida Mayorga 698-8022 and Tamra Holder 698-8105
2. Meals on the Move only on Mondays 10:30-12:30
3. Facebook Live Q & A with Selah Administrators June 4th @ 4 see SSD website for more details
4. Lottery placement in our Dual Language program registrations need to be in by June 18th
5. Prizes mailed home to student winners for this week
6. Attached you will find information about shot records
7. Birth certificate website https://www.vitalchek.com/
Espero que estén bien y hayan resistido bien nuestra tormenta de primavera. Nos complace darles la bienvenida a su hijo/a a nuestra escuela de Kindergarten el próximo año escolar. ¡La intención de nuestros videos es responder cualquier pregunta que pueda tener y para conocer quién cuidará a su hijo/a, no la perfección en las videoconferencias! El video de esta semana aborda las siguientes cosas:
1. Conozca a nuestras secretarias: Briseida Mayorga 698-8022 y Tamra Holder 698-8105
2. Comidas en movimiento solo los lunes 10:30-12: 30
3. Facebook Live (en vivo) preguntas y respuestas con los administradores de Selah 4 de junio @ 4pm visite el sitio web de SSD para más detalles.
4. La colocación de la lotería en los registros de nuestro programa de lenguaje dual debe realizarse antes del 18 de junio.
5. Premios enviados por correo a los ganadores de los estudiantes para esta semana.
6. Adjunto encontrarán información sobre los registros de vacunas.
Today, CEE is starting a community conversation about school closures and how they impact us all. Your feedback matters to us as we all work to keep our hope up, students learning, and educators supported. We are inviting you to be a part of our collective conversation. Our community and education leaders are doing their best to navigate the ever-changing landscape of the novel corona virus disease (Covid-19). Your perceptions and sense of hope will provide feedback to inform conversations and support improvement efforts. Data will be collected on an ongoing basis to track changes in people's perceptions. Check back with us for more on this story. And please share with your friends, family, and community. Thank you for your participation, we're in this together.
Welcome Little Vikings! Selah School District is now accepting applications for Preschool! Tuition and State Funded Slots available. Parent(s) or Guardian(s), please fill out the following interest form and one of our staff members will contact you and send you an application!¡El Distrito Escolar de Selah da la bienvenida a los pequeños vikingos! ¡Estamos aceptando inscripciones para preescolar! Tenemos espacios disponibles para pagar en mensualidades o financiados por el estado. Padres o tutores que les interese registrar a su hijo por favor de llenar el siguiente formulario, después uno de los miembros del personal se comunicará con usted y le hará llegar una aplicación.
Free Meals for Children
We are committed to providing students the nutrition they need.
While schools are closed, we are offering free meals for all children, regardless of family income.
- March 18—April 24 (No meals will be served duirng Spring Break April 6-10).
- Free meals for children age 18 and younger.
- A breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Children must be present for possession of meals.
- Eight pick-up locations (See links for locations).
- Distributed 10:30 a.m. – Noon, Monday – Friday.
You can also view our Nutrition Services webpage for menu items and more information - Click Here
Call 698-8209 with questions.
Starting at 5:30am you can call the inclement weather hotline (698-8080) to find out if school is delayed or closed.
We are now on Social Media!
"Like" our Facebook page: facebook.com/RobertLinceEarlyLearningCenter
Follow us on on Twitter: @RLEarlyLearning
Our program celebrates the preschool years as a unique and wonderful period in a child's life. Our "hands-on" approach to learning allows exploration and discovery, and our curriculum seeks to connect new learning to the child's own background experiences.
Adult modeling and encouragement promotes the development of self-help and social skills, which are important components of our program. Each child's social, emotional, physical and cognitive strengths and needs are assessed, and opportunities for continuous progress are presented and encouraged.
Because a child's education does not begin and end at school, we regard families as a child's first and most important teachers. We wish to support and encourage that role in your child's life, and view our relationship as a "team-effort."
We actively promote your involvement at school, whether you are able to visit, volunteer in the classroom, assist with field trips and events, or join our parenting groups.
Points of Pride
In addressing her fellow Selah High School classmates comprising the graduating Class of 2020, as well as an immeasurable online audience, tri-valedictorian and class chosen speaker, Anna Ergeson, commanded the morning's virtual stage. As all eyes were tuned-in to her on Saturday, June 6, Ergeson, clad in the traditional Viking blue and gold, used the occasion to perfectly sum-up the Class' moment in the graduation spotlight, a topic that had been of interest since mid-March.
The 2020 graduating class from Selah Academy Online and Big Picture Learning celebrated success as 13 students earned diplomas in June. Honored students included those who graduated from Selah Academy or those who attended classes at both the Academy and Selah High School.
The State Legislature has identified this week, April 27-May 1, as Washington School Recognition Week and in Selah we’re celebrating as Selah Middle School and Selah Academy Online are being recognized.