Help Support SHS AthleticsViking Neck Gaiter $8.00Instructions for the General Public1. Open the link2. Choose to purchase the neck gaiter3. In the memo box, Type SHS Pickup- Items will not be mailed to private residences-4. You can pick up your product starting October 1, 2020 at SHS
September 22, 2020
Our Athletic Director, Jake Davis and the rest of the CWAC AD's, along with the WIAA have all been working diligently for months to ensure that we are prepared for sports and activities once our local and state health departments communicate that it is safe enough to begin extracurricular activities. Below are some important pieces of information, and specific dates as it currently stands, related to athletics and activities for the 2020-2021 school year. Most recently, a new Summer 2.0 schedule has been shared with the coaches at SHS. Once the WIAA 'no-coaching' period ends on September 27, coaches will once again be allowed to communicate with their athletes, regarding sport specific information. Additionally, once we progress to Phase 2 and/or guidance from local and state officials changes, we will begin to work in small group activities for sports. Finally, we are anticipating middle school sports to start around the same time as High School sports do. As this time frame approaches, Mr. Hougan and the middle school staff will be sharing more specific information.
*Please note that each sport beginning on time in this new schedule is dependant on the progression of the phases and the risk of each sport*
Modified High School Seasons
WIAA Season #2 - December 28, 2020 - February 28, 2021
- Girls Bowling: Low Risk
- Boys Swim: Low Risk for non relay / Moderate Risk for relay
- Basketball: Moderate Risk
- Wrestling: High Risk
WIAA Season #3 - March 1, 2021 - May 2, 2021
- Cross Country: Low Risk
- Cheerleading: Low Risk for sideline / High Risk for competitive
- Girls Swim: Low Risk for non relay / Moderate Risk for relay
- Girls Soccer: Moderate Risk
- Volleyball: Moderate Risk
- Football (Starts 2/17/2021): High Risk
WIAA Season #4 - April 26, 2021 - June 27, 2021
- Tennis: Moderate Risk
- Fastpitch Softball: Moderate Risk
- Track & Field: Most likely Moderate Risk (TBD by WIAA)
- Baseball: Most likely Moderate Risk (TBD by WIAA)
- Golf: Low Risk
- Boys Soccer: Moderate Risk
- Dance/Drill: Low Risk for sideline / High Risk for competitive
*For Sport Specific information, please visit the WIAA https://wiaa.com/
*** Middle School Sports - It is reasonable to assume that Middle School Sports will follow a similar schedule as we move in to WIAA Season #2. More information will be released in the following weeks.
**** Sports Registrations - The student athlete is required to be registered for sports on FamilyID. The link can be found on our school district website https://www.
As more information becomes available, it will be shared via our various communication platforms. Additionally, this information can be found on our website https://www.
Jake Davis -Athletic Director
Welcome to Selah School District Athletics!
WIAA Update on Sports and Activities
Below is the link to the most recently updated sports and activities calendars and information. This information was released by the WIAA executive board on July 28, 2020. At this time, Selah SD and the rest of the CWAC will NOT be participating in the Season #1 (alternative options). Communication regarding middle school sports will be released in the next week or two.
Win from Within
Selah School District strongly supports the commitment to interscholastic athletic programs as an essential educational opportunity for students. In Selah School District Athletics we are deeply passionate about the following:
- Every student athlete has a positive and highly competitive athletic experience.
- Parents, students, and community members actively participate in athletic contests, events, and activities.
- Character education is the foundation of what we do! We will empower student athletes to become leaders both in school and the community. We want our student athletes to have fun, instilling belief, and preparing our students for the game of life.