Culture is comprised of the shared assumptions, beliefs, values, traditions and norms that define a group of people. Culture can be thought of as the "personality" of the organization. The Selah School District is focusing on strengthening our culture by having an intentional focus on The Viking Way.
The Viking Way is the behaviors and actions that are aligned with the Selah School District core purpose, mission and beliefs.
- To ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- SSD, in partnership with students, parents, and community inspires a culture of lifelong learning for all.
- Strong character is at the heart of preparing our students for lifelong success.
- Every student is worthy and capable of making meaningful contributions to his or her communities (classroom, team, home, etc.).
- In a culture of excellence, every student graduates on time prepared for college and career opportunities.
Our beliefs can be remembered easily through three terms: Character, Capable and College/Career ready. If anyone behaves or acts in a way that exemplifies our beliefs, then we'd call that The Viking Way. It's that simple. With our shared beliefs in place as the foundation, our district will create a culture of excellence where high levels of learning is ensured for all students. Now that's The Viking Way.