District Instructional Materials Committee (DIMC)
Purpose of DIMC:
The District Instructional Materials Committee is formed to establish and monitor such procedures as may be necessary for selecting, adopting and discarding of instructional materials owned and used by the District.
Belief Statements (January 2011):
- We believe that instructional materials are not the silver bullet to student achievement; instruction is.
- We believe that instructional materials should be well aligned to the state adopted standards and that the standards should be the focus while the materials are the means.
- We believe that instructional materials should be culturally sensitive, support diversity, and provide fairness, equity and access for ALL students.
- We believe that teachers should use the District adopted instructional materials in a common manner to support collaboration and a guaranteed and viable learning experience for ALL students.
- We believe that instructional materials should be supported with ongoing professional development rooted in teacher collaboration.
- We believe that instructional materials should inspire and excite students!