Important Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
August 3, 2021
First Day of School – The first day of school for the 2021-2022 school year is Monday, August 30. Please find the instructional calendar here. Individual buildings will be sending out more detailed information prior to the start of school. Please be watching for additional updates related to Pre-K through 2nd Grades and the first four days of school.
School Schedules – The following are the school schedules for the upcoming school year:
- Selah High School — 7:55 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Selah Academy Online & Big Picture Learning — 7:55 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Selah Middle School — 7:55 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Selah Intermediate School — 8:55 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
- John Campbell Primary School — 8:55 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
- Robert Lince Kindergarten/Full Day PreK — 8:50 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
- Robert Lince Preschool Half Day — 8:50 a.m. - 11:35 a.m. and 12:35 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
Late Start Schedule – Beginning Wednesday, September 8, ALL SCHOOLS in Selah will begin one hour later every Wednesday. This is a change from previous years where the late arrival was on Mondays.
COVID Health and Safety Measures – Governor Jay Inslee has mandated that masks must be worn indoors for all students, staff and visitors while in school buildings. The District will have masks available for students if they need one. Other health and safety measures can be found here.
Instructional Options for Families – Below are the available instructional options provided by the Selah School District for families during the 2021-2022 school year:
- Robert Lince PreSchool – Typical full time, in-person instruction.
- Kindergarten through 8th Grade
- Robert Lince Kindergarten, John Campbell, Selah Intermediate or Selah Middle School - Typical full time, in-person instruction.
- Selah Homelink - The parent is the primary educator from home with curricular and staff support from a Selah School District teacher.
- Selah Virtual Academy - Edmentum will be the online curriculum used by students from home, with daily check-ins and support from a Selah School District teacher. More information on the online provider Edmentum will be provided soon.
- 9th through 12th Grade
- Selah High School – Typical full time, in-person instruction.
- Selah Academy Big Picture Learning – A small school setting at Selah Academy with personalized learning through interests and "leaving to learn" opportunities.
- Selah Academy Online – Students attend daily on-campus in the Selah Academy Computer Lab, taking up to three Edmentum courses at any given time. More information on the online provider Edmentum will be provided soon.
- SA Online ALE (Alternative Learning Experience/Environment) – By permission only from the SA Principal for those who have health, family, or other circumstance where learning with Edmentum online curriculum would take place at home with a weekly check-in from a Selah School District teacher and/or paraeducator.
If you have any questions, please contact the building your child(ren) attend(s), or contact the District Office. School buildings reopened to the public on Monday, August 9.