Important Information for the 2022-2023 School Year
We Can't Wait to See our Students' Smiles!
August 8, 2022
• First Day of School – As we welcome in the 2022-2023 school year, Selah students will follow a staggered start. The back-to-school start schedule is:
- Monday, August 29 — Grades 3-12
- Wednesday, August 31 — Grades Transitional Kindergarten (TK), Kindergarten, First and Second
- Monday, September 12 — All Preschool Students
Please find the instructional calendar here. Individual buildings will be sending out more detailed information prior to the start of school. Please be watching for additional updates related to Pre-K through 2nd Grades regarding the first four days of school.
• School Schedules – The school schedules have been revised for the new school year. The revisions were made after the District conducted a review of its transportation program, while considering the focus on student well-being and the school experience, and how busing impacts the roads and community of Selah. These are the school schedules for the upcoming school year:
• Wednesday Late Start Schedule – Beginning Wednesday, September 7, ALL SCHOOLS in Selah will follow the one-hour late arrival schedule every Wednesday.
• Nutrition Services – ALL Selah Students to Receive Free Meals for the 22-23 School Year! Prioritizing student nutritional needs, beginning with the 2022-2023 school year, all Selah School District students will receive daily meals at no cost. Even though all Selah students will be eligible to eat without cost, as part of the program, the District is still required to collect Family Income Surveys. Please see more here. Please see the Nutrition Services website here.
• Bus Schedules – Transportation schedules for the 2022-2023 school year are being completed and will be posted. Please see Grades 1-12 routes here. Please see kindergarten and preschool bus routes here.
• Immunization Requirements – Starting August 1, 2020, all immunization records turned into schools or child care centers are required by state law to be medically verified. Immunization records must be turned into the school on or before the first day of attendance. This means immunization records turned in to the school must be from a health care provider, or you must attach paperwork from a health care provider to your handwritten form that shows your child’s records are accurate. Your child cannot attend school until you provide these records. Please see more immunization information here. For a complete list of immunization requirements for school, please access here.
• ParentSquare Communication Platform – The District is excited to announce it has adopted a new centralized form of school-to-home communication called ParentSquare beginning this upcoming school year. This unified communications platform is designed to keep parents and guardians informed and encourage greater engagement and connection with our district and schools. Parents have received an email asking them to activate their ParentSquare Accounts. For more ParentSquare information please see here. For a brief introduction to the ParentSquare platform watch here .
• Volunteering in Selah Schools – We are excited when parents and patrons want to be a part of the Selah School District team and volunteer in our schools. For more information on how to volunteer in Selah Schools, please see here.
• Athletics – Selah School District strongly supports the commitment to interscholastic athletic programs as an essential educational opportunity for students. If interested in participating in Selah High School or Selah Middle School athletics, all participants must register using the Family ID online registration. Please see more information here. Also, sports physicals are required at both the high school and middle school level. For more information, please contact the athletic office at the school in which your athlete would like to participate.
• Activities Calendar – Please access here to view the 2022-2023 Activities Calendar.
• Back-to-School Newsletter – Please read important information in the Back-to-School newsletter. Read here.
• Our Annual Legal Notices – To review a listing of our annual legal notices please see here.
We are excited about the 2022-2023 school year! If you have any questions, please contact the building your child(ren) attend(s), or contact the District Office.