SELAH ACADEMY BULLETIN
Friday, December 13, 2019
Selah Academy Big Picture Learning
Selah Academy Online
7:40 - 8:30
8:35 - 9:25
9:30 - 10:00
10:05 - 10:55
10:55 - 11:25
11:30 - 12:20
12:25 - 1:15
1:20 - 2:10
ASB MEETING: Postponed until Tuesday of next week at 10:45 (Part I).
SA Online Monthly Evaluation Meetings/Check-ins: December 16-20…schedule yours with Mrs. Thompson ASAP for next week. Call 698-8070 or email to email@example.com.
WINTER WEATHER ALERTS: The SSD Hotline can be called 698-8080, get alerts on the SSD phone app, go to the SSD webpage, or checkout the SSD Facebook or Twitter accounts for up-to-date information on possible delays, cancellations, and/or alternate bus routes.
JANUARY SELAH BPL/SELAH ONLINE/PRE-SCHOOL COLLABORATION OPPORTUNITY: We need your BPL student thoughts. The preschool will be starting a new class in January with 3-4 year olds not currently served in any preschool. For 45 minutes each day, their teacher needs a prep period. The preschool has asked if we as a group would be willing to spend 1-2 days per week of PE time with them (developing age appropriate activities and supervising along with one of our teachers/advisors and one of their para-educators) and one day per week teaching American Sign Language. We will discuss further next week after we’ve all had time to let the idea marinate.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPS:
- Dec 14th: Tree Top Community Christmas parties @ Selah Civic Center. Help to run games/crafts for the employee party (10am-noon) and/or the foster care party (1-3 pm). Lunch provided if you help at both. Need to let Mrs. Ratliff know by Friday the 13th at noon if you plan to help.
- SIS Polar Express volunteers to help with reading/math activities and set up/tear down. Event is on Thursday, December 19th from 5:45-7:45 pm at SIS. Contact Sarah Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Rock Christmas Party at La Chateau in Yakima on Sunday, December 22nd from 4-7:30 pm. Help with puppet show, Santa visit, gifts for the children, other fun activities that they would assign you to. If interested, call Dan at 509-480-2658.
- SIS Robotics event on Saturday, January 11th. Helpers needed as inspectors, referee/scorekeepers, the “queue crew” and field reset, and cleanup. For more information, contact Mrs. Beasley at email@example.com or call at 698-8259.
- SIS Band Performance on Wednesday, January 15th. Help Mr. Roderick with set up/tear down from 3:30-7:30 in the SIS Gym. Contact Mr. Roderick at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in helping out.
- SIS Father/Daughter Dance help before, during (6-8 pm) and after on Friday, January 31st. For more information, contact SIS PTSO lead Ashely Burmaster at email@example.com.